Monday 6 September 2010

A trip away. Two separate ones in fact

Nik and I went off to stay at the St. Bride's Spa and Hotel in Saundersfoot. Rob, Jan, Alex and Liam accommodated Angharad. In their room, R&J made a special bed up for her out of quilts - she was tremendously excited by this! In the morning, Angharad peered up at Rob and Jan who were mostly still asleep and then she  cuddled up under her quilts with her toys and books and told whispered tales to the toys for half an hour. Very sweet. Alex, a junior basketball international texted me that night to say that looking after a four year old was tougher than training. Respect! But Angharad dotes on Alex and Liam and they more than made her at home.




Meanwhile, Nik and I were working hard...




And on the way home, we stopped off to see the house I lived in until I was into my fourth year. It usdd to be called 'Castell Clud' but was subsequently renamed 'Llys Arwen' by the new owner in honour of his wife. It's in the little village of Pentregwenlais, near Llandybie.


And finally, we visited Maesgwyn; mam was living here when she and dad met back in the early 1950s...

No comments:

Post a Comment